This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure.
Sister, do you need a breather?
It’s back-to-school time and like many, you may find your calendar just exploded. You’re out shopping for supplies and new shoes, running endless errands, putting the finishing touches on your homeschool classroom, or even teaching the kiddos already.
You may find yourself wondering, “Where did the summer go?”
Or “How can the school year be upon us already?”
Are you wondering how in the world to get that to-do list done?
This is Only a Season
Remember, this craziness is only for a short season. Before long, you’ll establish your routine and find a nice rhythm of life. Until then, take that breather. Grab a cold beverage, a quiet moment, and review the verses that reveal the Lord’s heart toward you:
Back-To-School Encouragement From God’s Word
1. Genesis 16:13 (NIV): She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”
2. Joshua 1:9 (NASB): Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
3. Psalm 30:5 (NASB): For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning.
4. Psalm 37:3-6 (NASB): Trust in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday.
5. Psalm 46:1b (NIV): God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
6. Psalm 91:4 (HCSB): He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield.
7. Isaiah 41:10 (NASB): ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
8. Lamentations 3:22-23 (KJV): It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
9. Hosea 11:4 (NIV): I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.
10. Matthew 11:29 (NASB): Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
11. John 14:1 (HCSB): Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me.
12. John 14:27 (HCSB): Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.
13. John 16:33 (ESV): I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
14. Romans 15:13 (HCSB): Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
15. 2 Corinthians 4:17 (HCSB): For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory.
16. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (HCSB): Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come.
17. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV): But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
18. Philippians 4:13 (NIV): I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
19. Ephesians 3:16 (HCSB): I pray that He may grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power in the inner man through His Spirit
20. 1 Peter 5:6-7 (NIV): Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
21. 1 Peter 5:10 (NIV): And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
Be Strengthened Today, By His Word
Still need a few last minute supplies? Maybe these links can help: